Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
[RED] Recognition

Who's Online
None

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - Mirakle Ablaze
B'Day - Euron(Danny)
B'Day - SonicBoomS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Community Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Should medals be an option to reward someone in the guild?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Maybe
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

DeltaFiveBravo
Recruitment Director

re: Awards and Medals

If you take a moment and look at my profile (just click on my pic or name) you will see various medals and patches that I earned when we use to be part of our other guild. This was an awesome way to say good job or recognize someone for what they have done. I really liked my patches I earned. I was wondering what you all thought about doing the same kind of reward system? Please answer the poll, give reason, and please give some ideas on what medals and patches that can be earned. For example the PVP sqd wants to have its own herald patch.

D5

SaintVassago
SWTOR Officer

Yes. Mainly because I want one.

Yep!
RedeemedJedi7
SWTOR Officer

I loved the idea of it. Not being in many guilds before this game, nor one this organized, the first time I saw the different awards given on the main page of SOTOR was really cool, especially when it was recognizing someone for Christlike behavior of some sort.

And when we moved here, I wanted to continue this, because there have been several in the SWTOR guild that I've had on my mind that totally deserve one if not more. The generosity, dedication, and attitude I've seen needs to be recognized by the community as a whole, not just by those in a single gaming community.

Examples I'd like to see is Christlikeness, Generosity, a Crafting One of some sort, recruiting, Extraordinary helpers in different aspects of games, mentorship, etc. Just a few ideas which I'm sure can have cooler names for them.

"You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you."
Makarios (jay!)

Sure, but it is no easy task keeping up with who gets the medals and such. Example, I know I recruited about 6 or more people in the other guild, never got a promotion mention when I was the guild envoy for the other guild (even-though I got several attaboys via PMs).

Ive been the guild envoy for our GW2 game since the AtR was chartered; but I have been away for almost 2 months...so my comments may not carry much weight confused

As with most praise and exalting situations we'll need to be on our game for 'making it right' and not a popularity awards cabinet.

J
- Dasu -
Primeminister

Any suggestions on what awards you would like to see???

teh_jay wrote:
Sure, but it is no easy task keeping up with who gets the medals and such. Example, I know I recruited about 6 or more people in the other guild, never got a promotion mention when I was the guild envoy for the other guild (even-though I got several attaboys via PMs).

Ive been the guild envoy for our GW2 game since the AtR was chartered; but I have been away for almost 2 months...so my comments may not carry much weight confused

As with most praise and exalting situations we'll need to be on our game for 'making it right' and not a popularity awards cabinet.

J

That's why TeeJay I think it's important for each GM for each game keep tabs on their specific guild as well as the members and other officers always looking out for those who stand out and to immediately mention it to someone (officer or GM, who can do something about it) then it's more likely those who deserve it will get the props.

"You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you."
Vly
Initiate

I would like to see a medal for people that answer a call to arms when a guldile might be getting harassed by Sith like a friend of mine and I were the other day on Makeb. I called and I was overwhelmed by the response from our guild. We drove the Sith back and we were able to quest again. I would like to nominate those that came to aid.

I also suggest starting a thread for nominations that way more than one person can help with getting the medals out and it's easy for guildies to find the place to nominate others. I think I had to PM someone in Saints to get it nominated.

"Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." Proverbs 4:26-27
- Dasu -
Primeminister

Vly wrote:
I also suggest starting a thread for nominations that way more than one person can help with getting the medals out and it's easy for guildies to find the place to nominate others.

Love this Idea.... once we have the award types nailed down I will do this.... thanks for the suggestion Vly

- Dasu - wrote:
Vly wrote:
I also suggest starting a thread for nominations that way more than one person can help with getting the medals out and it's easy for guildies to find the place to nominate others.

Love this Idea.... once we have the award types nailed down I will do this.... thanks for the suggestion Vly

Although I am not super active here. I would like to say that Vly has the best idea. Too often ribbons go to those people that the higher ups notice, yet many have been doing a lot for their fellow members and get left out. Nominations would be the best way to correct that behavior.
HIHIHIHIHIHI

wherts op dewd.
- Dasu -
Primeminister

This is the list I have so far... These are not final, are subject to change and please hold your nominations for the time being.

--------------

Founders Star - Anyone who joined at the very beginning... these will be council nominated and approved.

Service medals for six months... and then every year after.

Leadership service - any one who has served in as an officer

Council Crest - anyone who has served the guild in such a way that the council notices their contribution.

-------------

Each of the 7 council positions will be granted their own award to give to anyone whom serves their division in a manner the deems recognition.

-------------

The following are for guild member nomination. Each nomination would then need a 2nd. once this happens it will then be submitted for Council/Game-GM approval.

Christian Cross -
For exemplary Christian conduct either in game or out.
(Note: this does not require you to be a Christian.)

Givers Heart -
For Time and or resources given in service to one another our guild above and beyond the norm. (applies in game our out.)

Distinguished Service Star -
For service in assisting any Guild officer in a needed task.
(Nomination must come from a Guild Officer)

Looking good!

"Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." Proverbs 4:26-27
- Dasu -
Primeminister

BUMP.....

What do you guys think of my outlined medals???

Looking good so far!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Community Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: