Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
[RED] Recognition

Who's Online
None

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - Mirakle Ablaze
B'Day - Euron(Danny)
B'Day - SonicBoomS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Community Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.R.83
Initiate

re: Hard day yesterday.

My 20ish year old cat had to be put to sleep. She wasnt eating, drinking, or digesting food. She had a rough winter, and the start of summer wasn't treating her well either and she was going senile (animals can get nutty in their old age just like people). We wernt going to watch her starve to death or let her crawl under a house somewhere and slowly die. So, my mother and I wrapped her up in a towel and took her to the vet.

It took her 2 hours to finally pass and took probably enough meds to knock a horse out as well. I have never known a more stubbern animal. Watching her, even unconcusly, fight for every breath, knowing that her spark of life would fight for every second it could. Ive had many pets. Dogs and cats both. When they pass, they continue to fight for every second, even the ones that go quickly. Its amazingly beautiful.

Its also very painful. You live with a person (animals are people too, least in my family) for two thirds of your life, you lose something special when they pass.
dchsknight
Initiate

I totally understand. My mother died of brain cancer and then 2 months later my dog died. IT will be ok brother.

The good news is God is still in control. He is still a genius. God still knows the hearts of men and is the eternal comforter.
Remember...

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

No, I totally know all that.

What I think I was trying to talk about was that life is precious and needs to be treasured.

its kind of jumbled in my head atm. but its more then just the loss of a loved one.
Talyc'jatne
Redeemed

Coming from someone that speaks to animals, I can only imagine what you were feeling.

I hope this experience does not limit you from taking another companion. As life itself, a true companion is treasure. No matter how bad they may be, a companion will always bring a smile to your face.

My thoughts and prayers with you.
J.R.83
Initiate

Thank you. I think Im done with cats though. I had her from the age of 9 or 10. Never could potty train her, no matter what.

Im more of a Dog person anyway. We still have our two Eskimos, Father and Daughter. Dogs tend to be More cooperative, smarter, easier to train, ect. tongue out

I just wish I would of spent more time with her the last few months.
Talyc'jatne
Redeemed

J.R.83 wrote:
Dogs tend to be More cooperative, smarter, easier to train, ect. tongue out

I have taught my cat to play fetch. He is able to retrieve it, then drop the object in front of me. On the other hand, my dog likes to grab a stick and run away with it, chews it up. For me, its the opposite. I have come to like cats more.
J.R.83
Initiate

ThobiCarma wrote:
J.R.83 wrote:
Dogs tend to be More cooperative, smarter, easier to train, ect. tongue out

I have taught my cat to play fetch. He is able to retrieve it, then drop the object in front of me. On the other hand, my dog likes to grab a stick and run away with it, chews it up. For me, its the opposite. I have come to like cats more.

haha. mine are stuck about halfway though the whole fetch thing. they run, get it and bring the ball back, but dont want to let go.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Community Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: