Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
[RED] Recognition

Who's Online
None

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - Mirakle Ablaze
B'Day - Euron(Danny)
B'Day - SonicBoomS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Community Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
dchsknight
Initiate

re: Does God Set Us Up?

Last edited by dchsknight on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

And, why that posted twice, a couple hours apart, I have no idea. Reply to dchs to follow when I have more time.

James 1:27
Micah 6:8

Talyc'jatne
Redeemed

Quote:
Are you serious right now? are you comparing the actions of a sinful evil man to a perfect Holy God?

I am serious. And no, I am not comparing the ACTIONS of God vs the ACTIONS of men. I am comparing the relationship of their power. As in Master-Subordinate relationship.

I am not saying that Hitler's action against the Jews was Godly....or AM I? I just can't believe that God, the same God who came to Earth in flesh as Jesus of Nazareth, would actually do any harm to his own creation. Perhaps we should go back and see what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah....

I like Wild'bill's attitude toward it. Let's be with Jesus. Let's be where we are persecuted and scrutinized for the name of Christ, and may we give the glory to Him!
Wildbillkickoff
SWTOR Officer

Now then...

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:2-4 ESV)

Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? (Galatians 3:3 ESV)

The passage in James indicates that trials produce steadfastness, which perfects our faith. The Galatians passage indicates that it is foolish to believe that becoming perfected comes from anywhere but the Spirit.

This one is not cut and dried, dchs. Trials must therefore be different from temptations if both passage you quoted about temptations and the ones I quoted about trials are true.

James 1:27
Micah 6:8

dchsknight
Initiate

I have removed my self from this conversation.

dchsknight wrote:
I have removed my self from this conversation.

Darn it!!

Dutchess thanks for making me realize I forgot to post the Disclaimer...I will update the OP.
SaintVassago
SWTOR Officer

Yes.

Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil.-Luke 4:1

"My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."- Col 2:2-3
Talyc'jatne
Redeemed

Personal opinion here, but I think its a good thing that I accept that God tests me. If I am able to know that about God, I am able to cope easier with bad things that happen in my life. Jesus himself was led by the Spirit into being tested.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Community Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: