Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
[RED] Recognition

Who's Online
None

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - Mirakle Ablaze
B'Day - Euron(Danny)
B'Day - SonicBoomS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Community Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
AIpine
Initiate

re: Just burned out, I suppose (ramble)

I always try to play at least two games. I find the second game being a FPS is often good for me in that just running around shooting at things gets my mind off whatever my "main" game is.

I have a fairly negative view of most MMO's as a type of game actually. Which is why I've only ever played two for an extended period of time. I like SWTOR but I don't like many other MMO's on the market. So, in that sense I understand what you mean by having a difficult time finding any other MMO to play.

Alpine_swtor1
RedeemedJedi7
SWTOR Officer

Heh! Two games at a time...If only I could narrow it down to two...

"You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you."
Vly
Initiate

If you enjoy the story aspect of gaming than I think you will be content for a while in TOR considering there are 8 different stories you can play through.

"Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." Proverbs 4:26-27
Talyc'jatne
Redeemed

There's just too much to do in SWTOR....at least when you're an altoholic...

It's like having a full time job keepin up on it....
Renic Ixillon

ThobiCarma wrote:
There's just too much to do in SWTOR....at least when you're an altoholic...

It's like having a full time job keepin up on it....

Self-control is your friend!!

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to empty my pee-bucket and get back to leveling my 16 toons on TOR! :P
StarScreame88
Redeemed

I actually have Defiance... I keep trying it every few weeks, wanting to like it so badly. I'm just not clicking with anything right now. We are spear heading getting more involved at our church, and my summer semester begins next week, so perhaps a good responsible gaming break will peak my interest in something haha.
Talyc'jatne
Redeemed

Just found this on dulfy....I posted something about it in PC Games forum.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/
Lifendason
Initiate

Man, I can't believe I'm not the only one that is kinda burned out. I currently play TOR, but I came from WoW. WoW was awesome until the daily grind for gear happened.

Maybe once TOR allows server transfers and I can then actually run with you guys it might be different, we'll see.

I did however sign-up for the beta of Wildstar so we'll see how that goes.

BigJohn
StarScreame88
Redeemed

Alright, I found the game that is going to hold me over until WildStar releases...

Red Orchestra 2 : Rising Storm

I played the original red orchestra back when it was a mod for ut2004, and it has come sooo far since then. Its far slower paced than Black Ops, which I love. I would REALLY like to see other players in this community in Rising Storm. If anyone else plays let me know.
Talyc'jatne
Redeemed

RedeemedJedi7 wrote:
I am in your boat. I've been finding many times recently at the computer just staring at it, a lot of times in SWTOR, and thinking, "Do I really want to even do this?" And then, all the other icons on my second monitor are looking at me going, "You haven't played ME yet!" and I respond-yeah, it's weird I'm talking to my monitor-with "I know! But I just don't know if I'll start playing you and then get bored! And there's so many of you, I don't know where to start! And have you seen what's behind me? Those PS3 games, a few of which I'm more than halfway through?"

But that's where I am, so I totally understand. I actually have been thinking about making myself be productive and actually working on God-given gifts. He was kinda hitting me hard with that while I was mowing the lawn today. He talks quite a bit while I mow if I let Him. So yeah, I feel ya!

Biggest let down in my personal gaming history: When you anticipate an event for weeks, and you go to do it, and THE GAME lags. Not your PC. Not your connection, but the game. Having the servers lag on the OWPvP event on Quesh has killed all ambition for this game. I have tried resurrecting the fire for SWToR, but it's dead. Started 4 alts since Saturday and got to at least level 15-20.

Whats that line by Justin Timberlake in TI's song? Oh yeah....

"The old me's dead and gone...."
Vly
Initiate

I think TOR is a great game and I enjoy playing it and enjoy the fellowship with everyone playing it. I know it's easy to get burned out on any game and don't blame anyone for trying other games. No game will ever be perfect for one person unless they make it themselves. There are two things that I'm currently hoping Bioware will implement in TOR. I would like customizable player housing of some sort and way more PvP content or open world objectives. I really like the war zones, but to me they just be a small part of the PvP experience. I feel like I will probably look for a game with better PvP to play for the PvP aspect. Maybe. I like MMO's for the fact that you don't loose time invested by beating the game and then it's over. The game continues on. It's difficult for me to play other games because I have time invested in one, but am willing to find one to play for a better PvP experience. That is kinda where I am at for now. But that is just me.

Plus it's always nice to fellowship and have Christians to play a game with and that is another reason I enjoy TOR because we have a decent amount of players actively playing.

"Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." Proverbs 4:26-27
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Community Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: