Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
[RED] Recognition

Who's Online
None

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - Mirakle Ablaze
B'Day - Euron(Danny)
B'Day - SonicBoomS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Community Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Talyc'jatne
Redeemed

re: Riding with The Red Horseman

As I posted on a different topic, sometimes I will purposely post information, questions, etc to get ideas rolling and not actually believing that. (Had a Philosophy prof tell me once that I would make a great professor).

dchsknight did a great job of sustaining a valid argument. However, let me clear a few things first...

When I speak about the OT, I don't mean that we are under the OT law. I am referring to what Jesus said about the Prophets. Isaiah wrote about the end times. We shouldn't forget the OT just because Jesus came. There is a lot of information regarding God and future events.

IMO, we shouldn't divide ourselves either. We are God's people. Period. Paul wrote about that in 1 Cor 3.

Also as I mentioned i would do more study and post. From my understanding, Ecc. 9 talks about those who are spiritually dead.

So, I apologize for getting away from my OP. Getting back on track (sort of)....

dchknight, do you have any information on rapture? Just curious, because the word doesn't exist in the bible. I see on Wikipedia, it means to be caught up. Do you think this is a physical activity, or possibly a metaphorical activity?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture
dchsknight
Initiate

re: Riding with The Red Horseman

that is the first problem. Going to Wikipedia for information on spiritual matters.

And yes it is in the bible. Not the word but the concept and where the word comes from.

1 Thess 4:13-18

I Thessalonians 4:13-18
13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The bold underlined phrase is where the term Rapture comes from.

Also try to steer clear of the "that word is not in the bible" game, because the word "Trinity" is not either and it is one of the Pillars of the Christian faith.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: