Membership
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
[RED] Recognition

Who's Online
None

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
B'Day - Rio Banchee
B'Day - bergkshire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Awakened to Redemption (Prophecy of the five)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stinji
Redeemed

re: Galactic Starfighter

Squads will dominate.  If you can coordinate, even just 2-3 fighters together, you will lay waste to everyone.

SaintVassago
SWTOR Officer

So it seems that I can't do the PTS, because my sub time ran out. I have to get another time card when I'm out this week.

I have enough Cartel Coins to buy weekly unlocks though. So I can still raid. :D

glad to hear you'll be back on! we should group up on  pts for some starfighter awesomeness

“Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!”
-Martin Luther

SaintVassago
SWTOR Officer

kk I'll be home this weekend. Gonna raid and try the PTS.

RAID@!!!

You realize you're talking to yourself by replying to your own post, don't you?

"You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you."
Euron(Danny)
SWTOR Officer

Here is the end of the match.  Using a Strike Fighter to hunt down and kill.  I'm not real good at it yet.  Using the missiles requires some skill.  But its awesome to shoot someone down with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbblAbbBNxc&feature=youtu.be

“Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!”
-Martin Luther

Euron(Danny)
SWTOR Officer

here is a video of me using a scout to start with in a match.  I use it to get to an objective as fast as possible and start capping it.  In this one we had some imps get there right after us so we had to clear them out before we could capture it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77YixbRvdFI&feature=youtu.be

The scout is not a dogfighter, but it has guns and so I used to to good effect and got my only kill of the match with it.  I ended up doing a ton of damage this match even though I only got one kill. 

-Martin Luther

Euron(Danny)
SWTOR Officer

With just two weeks till the newest expansion for SWTOR launches, I think it is important for those of us planning to play to understand the basics of the system.

Well, Dulfy does a great job of explaining things, seriously, read this article top to bottom.  There is a ton of info, and if you go in blind you WILL get destroyed.

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/15/swtor-galactic-starfighter-new-player-guide/

In the matches I have played, understanding what type of ship you are flying and its role in the battle is of key importance.  Don't fly a scout into a battle and expect to win, likewise, dont use a strike fighter in a race to an objective.

I haven't unlocked a gunship yet, so I haven't tried out the sniping ship yet.  But from what I have seen they are beast.  

Companions are a big deal, each companion gives boosts to certain aspects of your ship, you have all your ground game companions, plus some new ones specific to Starfighter.  I am experimenting now with the ones I like best.

One thing we will need to work on as a group, that is if you want too..., is squad fighting.  Moving and fighting in packs rather than lone wolfing it makes a huge difference.  I would love to build a squad and play together and be the best.

I cannot tell you enough how much I like this game.  But one of the best parts is that I was getting on average 50k in credits per win and around 30k for a loss.  So forget dailies, I'm gonna pilot my ship.  Yesterday on the PTS I went from 30k in credits to 500k.

-Martin Luther

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Awakened To Redemption Forum Index -> Awakened to Redemption (Prophecy of the five) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: